Income Assistance

Ombudsman Saskatchewan has jurisdiction over the Ministry of Social Services.

Step 1

If the Ministry made a decision that you think is unfair to you, contact a manager and/or see if you can appeal. If you can’t appeal or your appeal is denied and you still think the Ministry was unfair to you, contact us.

Here is some more information about Social Services contacts.

If you have a question or complaint about an income assistance program, such as the Provincial Training Allowance, the Transitional Employment Allowance (TEA), Social Assistance Plan benefits, Saskatchewan Employment Supplement, Child benefit allowance (Saskatchewan) or the Child Day Care Subsidy, contact the Ministry first:

  • Social Services Client Service Centre
    Toll-Free: 1-866-221-5200
  • Saskatchewan Employment Supplement
    Toll-Free: 1-877-696-7546
  • Provincial Training Allowance
    Toll-Free: 1-800-597-8278
  • Child Benefit Adjustment Saskatchewan
    Toll-Free: 1-888-286-0399
  • Child Day Care Subsidy Unit
    Toll-Free: 1-800-667-7155

You may also contact the Regional Manager of the local area office. For contact information, go to:

Step 2

If you disagree with the Ministry's response, the second step is to appeal the decision (when possible) – first to the Local Appeal Committee and then (if still denied), to the Saskatchewan Provincial Appeal Board. You may wish to work with an advocate. Here is a list of advocates:

  • Advocate at Estevan / Weyburn
    Phone: 1-306-842-5126
  • Advocate at Regina and Fort Qu’Appelle Welfare Rights Centre
    Phone: 757-3521
  • Advocate at Swift Current – Salvation Army (Church Office)
    Phone: 1-306-778-0515
  • Anti-Poverty Ministry - Regina
    Phone: 352-6386
  • Equal Justice for All
    Phone: 1-306-380-6261
  • Friendship Inn - Saskatoon
    Phone: 306-242-5122
  • Salvation Army Family Services - Saskatoon
    Phone: 1-306-242-6833
  • Salvation Army - Moose Jaw
    Phone: 1-306-692-5899

Step 3

If you think the result of your appeal was unfair, or if there was no appeal process available, contact us.

Ombudsman Saskatchewan does not have jurisdiction over federal programs, such as federal Child Tax Benefits.

  • Child Tax Benefits (federal)
    Toll-Free: 1-800-387-1193
Top of Page