Fairness in government services. You expect it. We protect it.

Ombudsman Saskatchewan promotes and protects fairness in the design and delivery of government services. We take complaints about provincial government ministries, agencies, Crown corporations, municipalities and many health entities.

If you have a concern about government services you’ve received:

Step 1: Talk with your service provider.

Step 2: If you are still concerned and would like to make a complaint...

Ombudsman Can Now Take Complaints About Municipalities

November 19, 2015

People who think that an administrative action or decision of a municipality is unfair to them can now take their complaints to Saskatchewan’s Ombudsman, Mary McFadyen.

Changes detailed in The Municipal Conflict of Interest Amendment Act, 2015, which came into force today, also allow the Ombudsman to investigate conflict of interest allegations against municipal mayors, reeves, and counsellors, and members of committees and boards created by municipal councils.

“These changes increase public accountability for municipalities and give citizens a new way to raise concerns about municipal services that affect them,” said Ombudsman Mary McFadyen. “I look forward to working with municipalities and the people they serve.”


What is Fairness?
Promoting Fairness