Housing and Rental Issues


Ombudsman Saskatchewan has jurisdiction over provincial housing authorities and some aspects of the Office of Residential Tenancies. Complaints about these organizations should be directed to them first. If you think their response is unfair, you are welcome to contact us.

There is also information about renting on the Government of Saskatchewan’s Renting and Leasing web page.

  • Provincial Housing Authorities
    Contact the local board of directors for the housing authority.

Home Purchases and Mortgages

Ombudsman Saskatchewan does not have jurisdiction over credit unions, banks or realtors.

Some banking services and investment firms have their own ombudsman, while others use the Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments.

The Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments

For more information about realtor complaints, contact the Saskatchewan Real Estate Commission.

Saskatchewan Real Estate Commission

Top of Page